Celflex is a compound, flexible insulator. It is the result of laminating Isogeno with polyenthelrephtalete film. Isogeno is the well-known Omniafiltra product manufactured with extremely pure raw materials, based on particularly high quality cellulose.
Celflex is made according to a method that assures the close connection between Isogeno and film: by joining the particular dielectric, mechanical and thermal features of the two components, it guarantees a major insulation and requires less space in the slot. Celflex is characterised by a high dielectric strength even with humidity – minimum dielectric strength reduction on the bending – excellent mechanical resistance – dimensional stability – resistance to insulating lacquers, chemical agents, oils, grease – high thermal resistance; it belongs to the E class of insulating materials, i.e. it can be used for the construction of machines with normal operating conditions under a temperature of 120°C.
Celflex has specifically been created for insulation of: electric engine slots and phase separators – air transformer wrappings – any type of switches – electronic equipment etc.
Ceflex presents a series of technical and economic advantages compared to simple polyester film:
- A major fixation of varnish or impregnation resins;
- A major tearing/tensile strength at the end of the slot and a better resistance to possible metal burrs in the slot, thanks to its fibred structure;
- A major impact resistance;
- Protection against early ageing of the film due to high temperature, thanks to its major thermal conductivity;
- A higher yield thanks to its lower density (Ceflex 1.25/ polyester film 1.38) and hence a considerably lower price per sqm:
- Lower price.